Sunday, April 3, 2011

What now?

We're gonna go our separate ways in a few years time.
No matter how much we laugh together, how many times we hold hands, however many secrets we share. The number of drunk nights we have together won't matter, the hugs will be forgotten, meals no longer joyous, skin crinkles of laughter will turn into lines of worry and I will forget you as you will forget me.
I will forget your brown eyes and matted hair. I will forget a protruding stomach and muscular legs. I will yearn to remember musk and the smell of old books. The overworking will take over and I will slowly erase you from my life, from my story. I will get lost between the sea of black clothes in a metropolitan city, waiting for my life yet to begin; and you will be a face I see every day but never recognize.
You will have a story of your own. In my little book, with my story, I will have a small chapter dedicated to you. How you failed to notice us both slipping away, forgetting that we had a home to come to, a person to come home to. How you failed to stay in love with me, as I failed to with you. Our story will fade away with the dust that grows on the mantelpiece of what was once our home.
When once I thought I could bury myself in your body and never forget your smell, I will substitute you with my work and my books and my oblivion. I will forget to cook meals for two people sitting and sharing their successful lives; you will fail to remember that you have to come sleep on the same bed as me.
There won't be any good morning kisses and cups of coffee made for the other, there won't be any mid-day update phone calls, there won't be any restaurant reservations. We won't drift apart. We'll just stop running into each other in the same house, we'll stop thinking about each other.
And soon we'll just...forget. That you exist. That I exist.
But I would rewrite our story all over again, if it came to that. I would meet you at a fraternity again, I would spend sleepless nights full of sex again, I would ride on an emotional roller-coaster again, I would fall in love with you all over again if I had to.
I would do it just for you.



"And I would sail back to you
I'll be sailing on your deep blue eyes..."

10 comments:

Zy said...

I kinda liked the picture that you removed.

Tinuviel said...

How about now? =]

CrazyLady said...

Why'd the other picture go? -__-

Tinuviel said...

Had to go in fear of people I don't want stumbling across my blog. But oh how I love that picture.

Sana Castellano said...

Nicely written.

CrazyLady said...

OH MY I live in constant fear of people I know reading my blog. I shall be exposed for the almost slut that I really am! :(

Tinuviel said...

Deep down, we're all sluts lol. I've come to accept me being one.

Zy said...

Very nice. ^.^

Tinuviel said...

Thanks, Zy. =]

Bloody Mary said...

Its beautiful ! I love it to bits. I think I read it over two times at one go.

Post a Comment